With more industries and business operations becoming increasingly computerised, the need to keep information safe and secure from an ever increasing variety of sophisticated threats and potential liabilities is now more important than ever before.
An unidentified IT issue has brought Sydney Airport to a standstill this morning as the airport was forced to halt the processing of outbound passengers to deal with the issue.
The IT issue came to light early Friday morning and affected passengers being processed through the T1 international and T2 domestic terminals, during which time the Sydney Airport instructed travellers to avoid the terminals until further notice.
As a result of the IT issue, queues began to form inside and outside the terminals with many travellers taking to social media to voice their frustration.
— Stephen Smiley (@StephenSmiley) March 8, 2018
While IT audits help you to ensure that your systems optimally support your organisation’s strategic vision, not all IT audits are the same. This is why at eStorm we conduct a variety of technological audits that are customised to your business that address security, compliance, performance and risk. Concurrently, our IT audit consultants contribute to your organisation’s risk assessment process.
Every organisation needs to balance its technological needs- including speed, ease of use and convenience, against their critical need to keep information safe and secure from an increasing variety of sophisticated threats and potential liabilities.
The primary objectives of an effective IT audit include:
- Evaluating the systems and the processes in place that secure business data
- Determining and minimising the overall risk to your business’s information assets
- Ensuring your information management processes are in compliance with IT-specific laws, business policies and industry standards
- Determining inefficiencies in your business IT systems and the management associated with them
- Reviewing your system policies and documentation
- Measuring your business continuity and disaster recovery preparedness