As cloud and specifically distributed computing competencies are the #1 skill set needed most by organisations in 2018, according to LinkedIn, a long with Australia being in the top 4 nations for IoT readiness, there has never been a more integral time for students to think big, get creative and explore the development of digital applications and services.
Today’s students are tomorrow’s developers; Azure for Students, developed as part of a growing commitment to education in both the cloud and STEM classrooms, helps these students be successful future cloud developers regardless of the tools and technologies they pick. From learning a coding language to building new Artificial Intelligence experiences, students are now able to learn through a growing library of computer science labs and how-to-build docs.
Announced on March 1st, Azure for Students is designed specifically with student-focused cloud usage in mind and offers verified students full access to 25+ free Azure products, as well as a US$100 credit for use toward paid products with no credit card required.
But what is Azure exactly?
Microsoft Azure is a comprehensive set of cloud services that developers and IT professionals use to build, deploy and manage applications through a global network of data centres. Integrated tools, DevOps and a marketplace support the efficient building of anything from simple mobile apps to Internet-scale solutions.
Azure for developers
As Azure integrates tools from mobile DevOps to serverless computing, as well as supporting a range of operating systems, programming languages, frameworks, databases and devices, you are able to get your apps to market faster while using tools and open-source technologies you already know.
- Continuously innovate and provide high quality apps
- Provide cross-device experiences with support for all major mobile platforms
- Run any stack – Linux-based or Windows-based – and use advanced capabilities such as Kubernetes cluster in Azure Container Service
The consistent hybrid cloud
With Azure, you get the freedom to build and deploy wherever you want using the tools, applications and frameworks of your choice. Azure allows you to connect data and apps in the cloud, as well as locally, for maximum portability and value from existing investments. Azure also offers hybrid consistency in application development, management and security and identity management.
Building intelligent apps
Take advantage of Azure data services and artificial intelligence to create new experiences that scale. and support deep learning, data-driven intelligent apps, HPC simulations and real-time analytics on any shape and size of data.
- Develop breakthrough apps with built-in AI
- Build and deploy custom AI models at scale
- Combine the best of Microsoft and open-source data and AI innovations
The trusted cloud
Trusted by 90% of Fortune 500 companies, the Microsoft Cloud provides security, privacy, transparency and the most compliance coverage of any cloud provider.
- Achieve global scale on a network of managed data centres
- Detect and mitigate threats
Some Microsoft Azure benefits:
- Using an open and flexible platform: Azure supports the broadest selection of operating systems, programming languages, frameworks, tools, databases and devices.
- Extend your existing IT: easily integrate with your existing IT environment through the largest network of secure private connections, hybrid database and storage solutions, and data residency and encryption features.
- Scale as you need, pay as you go: Azure’s pay-as-you-go services can quickly scale up or down to match demand, so you only pay for what you use.
- Protect your data: We know some organizations are still wary of the cloud and that is why Microsoft has made an industry-leading commitment to the protection and privacy of your data.
- Run your apps anywhere: Azure runs on a worldwide network of Microsoft-managed data centres across 19 regions.
- Make smarter decisions: Make smarter decisions, improve customer service and uncover new business possibilities from your structured, unstructured and streaming ‘Internet of Things’ data.
- Rely on a trusted cloud: From small dev-test projects to global product launches, Azure is engineered to handle any workload. More than 57 percent of Fortune 500 companies rely on Azure.
Learn more about how Microsoft Azure can help your business.
If you’d like any further information about Microsoft Azure, assistance with your IT needs or you simply don’t know where to start – please feel free to call us on (07) 3120 0640 or email us at [email protected]com.au. We’re here to help.